Sunday 29 January 2012

I've been a massive fan of Sherlock Holmes and mystery novels for some years now and enjoy watching and reading the vast amount of adaptations that have been made of the books. One of the more famous adaptions of the Holmes Canon in recent years has been the Guy Richie films featuring Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes and Jude Law as Dr. Watson. When watching this adaption in the cinema , I was taken aback by the End Credit Sequence which has now become one of my favorite bits of the entire film.


Jeorge Almeida and Chris Sanchez  were the illustrators responsible for  this magnificent title sequence , for which i believe he used pen and ink or graphite which were then put with photo filters and photoshop.

I really enjoy watching this sequence from  the fluid transition from film footage to drawing the the way that ink seems to move around and splatter across the scene , giving the images a gritty, almost olde world newspaper quality, the style of the illustrations reminds me of early story paper and illustrated newspapers which is probably why it appeals to me so much

.



No comments:

Post a Comment